Friday, April 17, 2009

Another day in KC Missouri





I had to put that tittle because I am always being corrected since on the other side of the River is KC Kansas ehehe


This morning we had the first presentation to a Rotary Club - Kansas City Plaza - it is a breakfast club.... which means that the meeting started before 8:00 am!!!!! This club has nearly 70 members, with young and not so young members. We did impress them with our truly african presentation, and each of us with a particular style. I enjoyed this meeting, it was a new experience about how things can be done in a different ways with the same objective.


After that lovely experience, we went to our vocational day... and for what I can say we all enjoyed... we all learned and exchange experiences. I will be more detailed about my experience, because my mentor- Shannon- and I work for the same company... yessss and what are the odds????? I was able to check that we may be in different continents but it runs nearly the same way, but of course that I learned something, that perhaps may be implemented in Moz. I visited two different sites, I heard a conference call with people from other cities from the US(Shannon introduced me to her co-workers which was really nice).

After that amazing morning we went to have a lunch at the Braai house.... where when we return Candice will make a small performance on "Hi can I help you" - they scream to attend you....



The afternoon was totaly dedicated to Museum visits... the first was the World War I Museum, AMAZING UAU WOW MARAVILHOSO... it's a audio, visual and physical museum, if I can say that, butI have never ever seen a museum like that; it tells the story like you are there, and you can not think that is a museum with only things form USA, its is from all over the world, and our tour guides were just increadeble, catived us


The next museum was Jazz Museum, were we can listen to jazz musicians and see how an orchestra runs... they also have a bar with live music, and Candice just went crazy and told everybody that it was her birthday.... heheheheh free champaign for her....


Again the team enjoyed a wonderful day... days that arent to be forgotten. And shows what a family Rotary is.





1 comment:

  1. Your imitation of the "HI CAN I HELP YOU!" is a triumph! It sounds just like when you walk into Gates Restaurant.

    I'm glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete